Dealing with plumbing in house with no cellar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm renovating a bungalow that's on level ground, no crawl space to speak of. We're going to be moving around the config of rooms - the old kitchen/bathroom will now be a living room/bedroom respectively and the old living room/bedroom will become kitchen/bathroom.

In respect to removing the old kitchen/bathrooms, will any pipes just need terminated below the floor level, or would there be any need to remove all piping to the point it enters the rooms?

In terms of creating the new kitchen/bathroom, I take it there's no option but to lift the floors in these rooms completely?

Sponsored Links
If they would still be connected to the hot and cold supply pipes then you should really decommission back to the branch off the main pipe to avoid as many dead legs as possible

Thanks Rob. If it's terminated at branch point, I'd guess that's likely to be in the hall, so i'd have to lift the hall flooring :unsure:

To save starting a new thread, could anyone advise on a gas plumbing query?
The gas currently comes in at the front of the house and runs solely to the middle of the house (boiler). I'd like gas at the other side of the house (new kitchen) - again, if It was run internally, there'd be a ton of flooring needing lifted. The gas meter is on the side of the house (external) - is it possible to run a gas line external to the house from around the meter? It's a hulluva lot more direct a route.

Yes, but consider the risk of it being nicked if accessible....painting it helps, otherwise have it run in steel.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Guru - actually I'm planning a lean-to garage so the wall it'd be running along would hopefully be internal to the garage eventually.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back