Dealing with runs on satin paint.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was applying some crown solo water-based satin on the skirting and architrave, getting a really good result by upping the amount I applied, so it have a really smooth finish. I got a bit carried away with the amount I was using, and then I finished up and quickly ate dinner.

It's run in a couple of places, although it could be a lot worse; have I got a hope in hell of wet and drying the spots, then touching up? I've never tried to spot glossy paint, and I suspect it might look a lot worse when done.

Sponsored Links
Let it dry maybe 2/3 weeks, then rub lightly with wet & dry, (keep it v wet).
Dry fully then repaint, you wont see an join etc.
That is what I did on panel doors, I was pleased with the result, it taught me to take more care when applying the paint.

Oh excellent, I won't need to redo the whole lot. The carpet is going down on Thursday, so I'll just have to be careful when I remedy the work in a couple of weeks.

Yes, I think this has been a lesson learned for me, too! Thank you for your advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back