Death

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My friends last words were " I want to stay alive"

I told him " I know you do, but there's nothing to worry about just relax it's going to be all right, everything's going to be all right" he'd get a bit agitated and I repeated that there was nothing to worry about it calmed him down ......I was unsure if I may have been irritating him and asked him if he wanted me to stay or go ....he said stay ........What can you say when someone's dying but is still compus ?

He didn't open his eyes at all that last night and those were the last intelligible words I heard, he died an hour or so later. A friend and I are still dealing with his estate ......his wife had died a few years earlier.

We've had to search his house to settle his affairs, very sad to see the photos of him and his wife who were both slightly eccentric but so well suited.

Seeing this brought it all back ....still going through probate ........

Sponsored Links
That was a tough time but you can hold your head up and think you did the best you could for your friend.

Yes it was tough he had no family and although we have a lot of mutual friends no one else was there. It was late in the day when I got there due to work.

I told him " I know you do, but there's nothing to worry about just relax it's going to be all right, everything's going to be all right" he'd get a bit agitated and I repeated that there was nothing to worry about it calmed him down ......I was unsure if I may have been irritating him and asked him if he wanted me to stay or go ....he said stay ........What can you say when someone's dying but is still compus ?

He didn't open his eyes at all that last night and those were the last intelligible words I heard, he died an hour or so later. A friend and I are still dealing with his estate ......his wife had died a few years earlier.

We've had to search his house to settle his affairs, very sad to see the photos of him and his wife who were both slightly eccentric but so well suited.

Respect to you for being there to the end for him. My old man has been there a few times for people terminally ill i know it's something i may have to do one day myself a sort of realisation we are all on the slow or fast conveyor belt shuffling to the inevitable. Make the most of life whilst you can.. in fact what am i doing on here typing sh't ;) I'm off to tend to my loved ones.

Sponsored Links

Being with him is the main thing.

Back