decent electric shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
not sure if this or the electric form is best!

we live on top of a hill and pressure seems to be very poor, especially in the morning when everyone in the area is in their bathrooms! As we have a combi boiler we have an electric shower in the bathroom, but its pants ~(how i long or the day when we had our pumped mixer shower with our old boiler!) It doesnt seem able to hold a temperature and as soon as anyone looks at another tap, let alone touches it, the temperature gets buggered. The one we have at the moment is a 9.5kw (i think) aqua galaxy.

ANyone got any suggestions of a decent make or type we could replace it with?

cheers for any advice

Sponsored Links
if you suffer a low pressure problem any descent shower will suffer the same problem that you already have.

have you thought about a electric shower but supplied by a tank in the loft then you can shower alday and still have descent pressure as it has it's own inbuilt pump.

Sponsored Links
so i just would need a tank in the loft to feed the cold water to the shower rather than off of the mains. how high would it need to be above the shower to give sufficent pressure?

it don't work off a combi.

as in when you had your old pumped shower you had a tank in the loft.
put a tank back in the loft only needs to be a small one for the shower
with the tank as the old one fed from the mains by the ball valve.
the tank then suppies the shower instead of from the mains.

the shower is the same as you have now electric etc but it has its own pump internal that pumps the tank fed water instead of the mains water supply.

long as the tank just above the shower they work
the pump does the rest.
some only need about 70mm distance.

have a look at the mira elite st.

yep get it now, didnt realise they did those. Jez you may have just made my life a lot more bearable.Consider a preganant wife and stroppy teenager moaning about the shower! :LOL:

any suggestions on decent makes (i take it mira was your suggestion kev, rather than the first one you could find to illustrate your point!)

just an update to say thanks for your help. installed a triton one this week. Fairly easy job, works well. Pumps a little noisy, but i guess that will quieten down when its run in, and if not i dont care as Mrs T is happy and so am i that we have a shower that stays at the same temperature!

Thanks again for the advice

glad you sorted it
ok-wink.gif

what one did you fit ?
was it the tank fed one with its own pump ?

yeah it was the triton t80si, pumped one. Put a 25 gallon tank in the little bit of loft we have left after the loft conversion, which is more or less directly above it. the level in the tank doesnt drop much during use, so could probably have got away with a smaller tank, but the instructions said 25 gallons minimum. Even my 4 year old likes it now, as she hated the temperature variations of the old ones.

have a cyber pint on me :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back