electric shower problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Tried a search on this but not very succesful. Ive just had a combi boiler installed and as we are on the top of a hill we are struggling to get more than one bar of pressure on the incoming main. Boiler works fine, but weve opted to install an electric shower 9.5kw. It works ok, but as the pressure is right on its limit it is having a few cold moments as the pressure fluctuates. Which brings me to the following questions:-

is there anyway to increase mains pressure ie a pump?

can the electric shower run off of the hot supply from the combi rather than the cold mains its on now, since theyre both mains supplied? (im thinking if the combis heating it as well as the shower maybe it will remove the problem of cold showers!

The shower is a galaxy aqua 3000si.

ANy ideas would be gratefully received, so please dont shout at me or make me feel a complete dofus!

cheers chaps

Sponsored Links
i know one thing, you are not allowed to pump mains water.

not so sure you can anyway, becuse the pump would want more water that there is available.

you may be able to increase the size of your incoming water pipe

is there anyway to increase mains pressure ie a pump?
No

can the electric shower run off of the hot supply from the combi rather than the cold mains its on now, since theyre both mains supplied? (im thinking if the combis heating it as well as the shower maybe it will remove the problem of cold showers!
No

ANy ideas would be gratefully received, so please dont shout at me or make me feel a complete dofus!

Move? :cry:

Turn the shower heat down, you might get a stable temp with lower flow.

how did i know that would be the answer! Unfortunatley moving is not an option! ho hum :cry:

Sponsored Links
as i said what about increasing the size of your water inlet pipe.

just a quick thought, is the main stop cock open all the way?

A cleverer shower might help. Yours shouldn't really be going cold unless it's overheating and switching off due to slow flow. Some turn down rather than off so you stand a chance. Call a few manufacturers help lines.

See if u can get a tank fed electric shower and put a 50 ltr storage tank in loft for supply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back