Decent Fire Door to garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend where to get a really decent door for the integral garage into house. Building control spec:

FD30
Lockable
Smoke seal
Self closing

Ideally really secure/good locks too

Sponsored Links
FD30 doors and fire frames are widely available.

Post a pic of the other doors in your house, you can probably get one to match.

I have Premdor but there are plenty of others.

I have Perko closers which are very neat. You'd better ask your BCO as there are others with better controlled closing (but look ugly).

Intumescent strips and pads, and 3 rated hinges, I got from ironmongerydirect. The strips with brush seal are IMO better and also block draughts.

You can use a BS 5-lever deadlock or sashlock. It might need pads. I used Chubb (now Union "C") but the red-case Union is cheaper. Add rack bolts top and bottom for improved burglar resistance.

You can get pink fire-resistant expanding foam to seal round the frame (lining) in the wall.

A professional carpenter (or a joiner) will fit it much better, and faster, than a DIYer or general handyman. FD30 are very heavy.

Last edited:
I'm after something a lot more secure than just a timber door, perhaps steel or industrial like can't seem to find many online

Definitely don't want anything you get off the shelfs at wickes

Sponsored Links
That's more like it! Exactly the sort of thing I'm after, but not quite got £400 to spend :-/

I was going to say Doorstop too but they are about £1000 cost price with a closer

I may have to look at composite then wonder what sort of price can get one of those for?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back