Decking advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
743D0C0E-727E-4D25-A1FF-905AC42E53B3.jpeg
FB072E48-BAF1-457E-A76A-C360998EFD69.jpeg
hi wondered if any one could give me some advice I wish to put some decking down in my garden but near the door is a concrete ramp which was for the last tenant and I can’t remove this as it’s a council property so was going to deck over it but is right near door see pictures could anyone give me some advice on this

Sponsored Links
Tough one. Perhaps leave it exposed and end the decking at the right of it. Is that an option.

Also have the council given permission to add decking?

Thanks for. Reply Yeah we thought of leaving the ramp exposed but it’s bit of an eyesore I think not asked council about decking to be honest

Thanks for. Reply Yeah we thought of leaving the ramp exposed but it’s bit of an eyesore I think not asked council about decking to be honest

You can't cover it all as it would be higher than than the door threshold. What about finishing it part way up the ramp at the same level as the threshold. There'll be just a bit of ramp showing near the top that way.

Sponsored Links
Yeah that’s a good idea not a lot can be done with it I think ,as like you say would be higher than threshold of door
Thanks

Tough one. Perhaps leave it exposed and end the decking at the right of it. Is that an option.

I'd go with this suggestion, and clean up the ramp with Jeyes fluid.
The ramp has a nice, sharp edge, and if properly clean, could make a nice contrast with well-laid decking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back