Decking Base - What method?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
My missus is putting pressure on to get our house sorted out :(

Next thing probably to do is a strip of decking at the back of the house - will help stopping me carrying muck on boots through the kitchen

Anyway the strip is only about 1250mm wide by 6m in length - then we have steps up onto our lawn
Anyway my original idea was to have plastic wood type stuff for the decking frame to stop things rotting however what I have found online so far is prohibitively expensive so decided that we may need a wood frame after all

Im still planning on using the solid trex decking though

The question really is what the best way these days of supporting the frame - I have seen these adjustable sort of risers in B&Q - here they are

https://www.diy.com/departments/adjustable-decking-riser-pack-of-10/1716782_BQ.prd

Do people use this type of thing or is it still the best way to put a frame onto a patio type slab??

Any tips welcome

I have also thought as I have some bitumen paint here of painting the frame in that to stop it rotting but again not sure if a good idea or not

Thanks all

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back