Decking complaint (threads merged)

My experience is write email and call the enforcement officer saying it does not need planning permission as it's under 30cm and the height is taken from the highest point adjacent to the decking and if he /she feels that planning is needed go ahead and enforce it. I would not apply for planning and do not apply for a certificate of lawfulness as you will open up a can of worms if will take over a year to to go to the inspectorate if they enforce and you appeal. Tell them To get there head of enforcement to look at it for a second opinion. But stick to your guns
Sponsored Links
Thanks Dicky, the officer is on holiday for a week, will update when I hear back
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local