Decking - everyone says I don't need planning permission

These cases usually seem to boil down to a neighbour complaining about being overlooked from the new raised deck.

So ask yourself the question, whilst I'm stood on my lovely new raised deck sipping a G&T will I be able to see my fat neighbour cavorting naked in his chavvy hot tub? If the answer is yes then you probably need to move house. If the answer is no then no one will bloody care so just crack on and build your raised deck. :cautious:

:LOL: hilarious but no I couldn't, there is a slight gap where I can see them but today my extra tall bamboo arrives to obscure that.

My plan was to put the bamboo up so we can't see them and they can't see me.

I can see their entire garden from my bedroom window , but that's it. Luckily they are not nudists.

But some people can be a be a bit funny about house renovations, especially those who have little else to do.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back