Decking garden prior to rendering outside house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all

Our house will need to be rendered at the back anytime soon-ish as we have scratch coats here and there ( and besides being unsightly, we think they could lead to rain water ingress!??)

We been living in a building site for the last six months and we don't see the external render happen anytime soon.

I believe logic dictates to render first and then build a decking round the house;h we could really make with enjoying the garden properly for a summer and enhancing it from its current status of building dump.

What do people think, who perhaps have been in the same situation?
Our main concerns are:
- scaffold will damage/ break decking (we will do it proper, but I don't know what loads they're designed to support
- the deck will probably cover the part bottom of the existing pebble dash render, meaning the render guys won't be able to fully render all the way down (I'm aware we should be careful with DPC and decking, however this being an extension bit built 40 years ago and on a funny little incline, I really don't know if it has a DPC and where, as I can't see any)

Any thoughts?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Render first, deck later as you know. Just look to create an area where you can enjoy the sun away from the building site.

Can you use plants, screens etc to create more of a tranquil area?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back