Decking Oil vs Decking Treatment products

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am coming to the point where I want to treat my decking. I have already purchased some Cuprinol Sprayable Decking treatment (Natural Pine colour). I should have done a search on this forum because everyone appears to favour oils (such as liberon). The only problem is that the wood still has a green tinge to it. Will this disappear if I add the oil?

Is the Cuprinol stuff any good? It is supposed to contain oils etc to protect the wood. I did a test area on the underside of a board and the colour is fairly pleasing and subtle. Also since I have opened the container I will not be able to take it back. :(

Also I wanted to add an anti slip coating but cuprinol says that it is a treatment by itself and cannot be used with any other products unless well weathered.

Is there another coating that can be used with Anti slip or am I stuck with Oil only, Decking treatment only and Anti slip only, and have to make my choice.

Any comments / advice would be gratefully recieved.

Sponsored Links
you can get anti-slip ones, but youll have to check to see what you can use them with. I always favour oil as it nourishes and protects the wood. Wait for the green tinge to go, shouldnt take too long in this sun

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back