Decking Oil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I applied Liberon Medium oak decking oil and have re applied a few times. I hate the colour and at the time should have used a clear oil. I want to know is there a product to remove the oil. I understand the wood soaks up the oil, so this will be difficult but worth asking. Can’t seem to find any videos or products that do the job.

Sponsored Links
I have exactly the same issue . The medium Oak looked really nice at first , but a few years on it has really darkened up . I did use the Ronseal decking stripper to remove it , a couple of years ago , but cant say I`d recommend it - especially if you have grooved decking as I have . Will probably end up replacing the boards , as they`re getting a bit worn aswell - just came on here to look for recommendations !

Good luck - hope someone has the cure !

If it has oxidised and is no longer "oily" but has hardened into a varnish, you can strip it off with a jetwasher.

It will raise the grain, so if you like to lie on it or walk barefoot, you might like to rub it over to remove chance of splinters.

There is a similar thread on here ,where the "victim" had used cuprinol deck oil , and the outcome was that sanding is the best option .

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back