Decking project

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently finished building my first deck and having picked up so much helpful advice on this forum, I thought I'd share the results:

Starting to roughly mark out the area.

The old sunken, cracked concrete 'patio' was broken up and removed. Starting to dig down to get enough clearance for the 6x2 framing timber.

Ledger boards fitted and the first couple of support posts were postcreted in. The lower parts of the posts were coated with bitumen paint before being installed.

All joist bearer boards fitted as well as the rim joists. As the deck covers two drain covers, extra noggins were put in to allow short pieces of deck boards to be removed for easy access.

All joists now installed and starting to lay out the deck boards.

Ever-growing piles of rubbish waiting to be thrown into a skip.

All finished. The deck was treated with decking oil. Just waiting for a turf delivery for next weekend. Just need to remove the blue paint from the brickwork now!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back