Decking protector?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having just laid my decking, and having heard all the horror storys about coatings peeling off and the decking greying I wanted to double check that the 'RonSeal Decking Oil - Clear' that I am looking at using isn't going to ruin my life further down the line.

http://www.ronseal.co.uk/products/decking-protector

What do people think?

Cheers guys :)

Sponsored Links
I'd go for it,I use cuprinol but only because the store I use stocks it.

Ah! I don't know about that although I have just looked on the tin I have and it says oil and protector.

Sponsored Links
Hmm, this does.t say anything about it being oil, just a protector!

Can anyone recommend something that BnQ stocks? That's where I bought these tins from!

Thats the one I use but as I say I have no experience of any other product.Having like your self read about about staining and the trouble with peeling I use the oil and it gives no problem.

View media item 46457

Well I took it back and went with the cupronal Oil & Protector so fingers crossed. i gave it one very liberal coating which seems to have soaked in nicely!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back