Another decking question (sorry)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have read through all the posts regarding decking treatments and after painting my 1st deck with that Ronseal sh1te I have learned my lesson. I have just finished a new deck and I want to be 100% clear on what to do so I have the following questions please

I will only use Oil (if required)

The deck has now been down 2 weeks and I like the original colour, the cut ends were all treated, should I wait to oil or oil now?

Will oiling stop the slippyness in winter?

What is a good quality clear oil that I could follow with a tinted oil in future please?

Thanks.
:D

Sponsored Links
Sorry to jump on this but very similar questions, I have a sprayer and wondered if the oil could be sprayed on or not?

I want to use Ronseal decking oil (clear) but could I spray this on or not?

an alternative I could use is Cuprinol Sprayable Decking Treatment but £33 for 3L compared to £38 for 5L of ronseal puts me off

Sponsored Links
it will go on to thick with a sprayer. use a brush, it takes no real time to do it.

it didn't take to long, I used a kind of roller on a pole before and that was crap definitely dont need to use a sprayer!

Could I use the oil on a fence (picket fence)

I have my own lawnmower workshop and with my decking i used old engine oil thinned a bit if needed,it does take a couple of weeks to soak in but you get a lovely colour it really soaks in well and best of all its free.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back