Deep Foundations-Pile vs Trench+Drainage Consent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I appreciate there are several posts relating to foundations but each case is different so was hoping for some advice.

I'm trying to build over a 900m diameter sewer with invert level 2.7m below ground level in Harrow, Middlesex. The max distance that I have from edge of the sewer to the site boundary is 1.3m. This does not fall under the utility company's responsibility but rather the local council's Drainage department i.e. drainage consent (this was the old Environment Agency's job). They haven't specified anything in detail but have just requested a trial excavation, cctv surveys, and demonstrate that no load is imposed on the pipe.

-Does anyone know if Harrow Council's drainage department follow Thames Water rules in terms of build over agreement?
-Structural Engineers that I've spoken to have mentioned that I'd need to use augered pile foundations for this- would augered piles affect the structure of the pipe if built within 1m?
-If I were to use trench/strip footing- is it feasible to go down to 2.7-3m without affecting the pipe?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back