deg leg on baths

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a bathroom and ensuit with a bath in each
I am in the process of doing the bathroom, the bath is gravity fed hot water 22mm, cold is 15mm mains.
I have run a new 22mm from header tank to the cold taps to achive a balanced mixer shower for both baths, I can't get to the tee to remove the dead legs on these so was wondering if possible I could just join up the two 15mm redundant supplys together creating a loop?
Would this solve the problem and create flow stopping possible contamination, or cause flow/ air restriction problems?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Join what to what! Sorry I'm confused? If u are joining together two pipes that will have no flow through them then it's still a dead leg. Ideally remove pipe to within 6 inches to where there would be a flow.

Thanks for the reply

I was referring to the current 15mm cold water supplies to the baths so if joined together would create a loop on the main supply which has flow?

Is it possible to just feed the baths with the new 22mm cold feeds and leave the 15mm mains pressure supplies feeding the basins and/or toilets?

Sponsored Links
The 15mm pipe goes off to the basin and then toilet, the bath is the first tee which has the dead leg.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back