Delivery Cons

Frankly,if you are confident that the sitiuation is exactly as you decribe, then inform the police.
It is tempting to think that as youi have sihned then all is lost, and maybe it is. But this is fraud, or simple theft, and I believe the police would be interested - it may form part of a pattern, with other informants.

At the very least, a crime number should encourage DPD to take you seriously.

Sponsored Links
Friend called them and just refused to push any option buttons. Eventually it was transferred to someone who answered.

That is a very good point - most automated services used to have this type of facility, but not so sure that many do these days. If you just hang on long enough, the computer gets confused and thinks you don't have a touch tone telephone and will then transfer you to a person.

Managed to get through to DPD today.

Apparently there was a 'problem' with the delivery, and was promised it would be sorted by 8pm.

Guess what the result was!

Might go down the police route after seeing what reply I get from the supplier. After all, as has been said if there is a pattern others need to be protected even if my goods are 'lost'.

Hope you get it sorted; very gnawing to feel that you've been gibbed.

I tried to withdraw some money from a cashpoint machine (same lot as I bank with), only to find that I was short by £30.
Likely that I was the last person to use it, before it ran out of cash.
The bloke behind me advised me to wave the cash at the security camera, as "evidence" of what had gone on.
Checking my online statement when I got home, I had had £50 debited, but received only a twenty.

Anyway, managed to get to the branch on the Monday, and explained what had gone on. The cashier said that they couldn't do anything about it there and then, but took my details, and said that the bank would investigate.
Despite me calling every week or so, nothing happened for weeks.
Eventually (three months later), I got a letter saying that they could find nothing wrong at their end but, "as a gesture of goodwill", they'd credit my account.
Yes, I got my money back in the end, but it was both worrying and annoying that a. they can lose money so readily, and b. they were all but accusing me of lying.

Sponsored Links
The bloke behind me advised me to wave the cash at the security camera, as "evidence" of what had gone on.
Good advice and something I will do should it happen to me.
In theory, that video recording should be available for obvious reasons.

Don't people read the name and address on the label of parcels delivered to them, to prevent the parcel being taken off them "for next door"?

We're always taking in parcels for our next door neighbour. They reciprocate by taking in parcels for us if we happen to be out. Only this week I'd ordered a new computer monitor and delivery was supposed to be yesterday (Saturday) As it was it was actually delivered on Thursday. We we're out at the time, but my neighbour phoned me telling me he'd taken it in for me. Quite happy for him to do this as I trust this neighbour.

Just to update, the supplier re-sent the order.
By a different courier!

Sponsored Links
Back