Dell desktop - Intrusion switch

Sponsored Links
Thanks, it seem(ed) to be a button I could press at the rear, from outside the case. Since opening it up, there is a button detecting the case opening (too).

Thanks, it seem(ed) to be a button I could press at the rear, from outside the case. Since opening it up, there is a button detecting the case opening (too).

I've double-checked, and it definitely a push button on the outside, rear corner of the case, adjacent to the 'case opened' button. I managed to delve into the BIOS last evening, and it does log the 'case opening' - dates and times, plus any other points of failure.

I wonder what the outside button might be for, pressing it doesn't seem to have any effect?

Sponsored Links
Have you got a model number?
From the "new computer" thread...
Optiplex 7020 SFF, i7,

PSU diagnostic button...

Screenshot_20240216-190834_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Attachments

• optiplex-7020-desktop_owners-manual2_en-us.pdf
    5.5 MB · Views: 31
I've found out that it does do something....

But only when the system is powered, but switched off. Press the button then and only whilst pressed, the system seems to power up. It's item 7 (above).

I had a strange thing happen today....

Something, not me, swapped the left for the right mouse button. I couldn't do a thing with it for an hour, until I eventually worked out that the buttons had been swapped over. I was on the verge of doing a restore, thinking that Windows had been corrupted.

Last edited:
It's connected to the internal intrusion pins. You can safely remove that. Just in Bios disable case opening alert or something sounding similar, depending on your device.

Sponsored Links
Back