Dell latitude e6410 screen brightness

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The brightness has 10 different levels, at the moment it's impossible to find a decent setting. Is there any way of adjusting these levels, or increasing the number of different levels. TIA

Sponsored Links
you can configure the screen brightness in the BIOS (press F2 key when the DELL screen flashes up a you power on) - look under VIDEO and Screen Brightness on the menu and you can find the settings.

These should give 10 equal steps of brightness adjustment, but if this isn't enough can you clarify what it is you don't like about the settings?

You are unlikely to get any more fine control over these and I think the Hot Key software that lets you use the Function keys in Windows to change brightenss will tie into the same hardware settings, so this is about all you get.

What operating system are you using? There may be video driver software available to let you use the NVidea control panel to make different settings work, but that can be OS dependant.

Thanks UncleB, sorted, I had to turn on ALS (automatic light sensor) don't know if that's going to problematic. The brightness was set on 20% and I've reduced it 0% - which seems strange. But it has reduced the difference between the brightness levels. Thanks again:D

Sponsored Links
Back