Dented wheel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My son has dented his front steel wheel on the outer rim against the kerb, is it allow to have it repair or shall I get one from the breaker yard? The tyre is okay. Also would the tracking need to be done?

Sponsored Links
As long as the tyre seals then it's ok to bash it straight. There are firms that will roll a buckle from a cast ally wheel as well. Having said that, I recently needed two tyres for my trailer which had 10" Mini wheels, and that size tyre is expensive now. I got 2 wheels and tyres from the breakers for £5 each and they were from a Metro which had 12" wheels but pcd of studs is still 4". They were 'as new' being unused spare wheels.
(It's normally women who 'kerb' the wheel though?)

I agree, but would then put the wheel on the back just in case he has caught the tyre, it also helps with the balancing to have undamaged rims on the front.

Thanks,

shaggy said:
(It's normally women who 'kerb' the wheel though?)
Well, he said the fox run out in front of him ! :confused:

hmmmm, boys will be boys I think :confused:

Sponsored Links
It make my decision depending on what car it was and how much another rim would be..

you can buy a wheel with tyre from a breakers for between £5 and 30, put the one from the breakers in the boot and use the spare to replace the damaged one.

Whats with the advertising then artic?

Your posted link is nothing to do with this post and you should read this.

12) Blatant advertising is NOT allowed in any post, do so and the whole post will be deleted with no prior warning

Sponsored Links
Back