Depth of Wickes wall units? Putting it next to another make

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Might sound a daft question but they're listed at 307mm. Seems they include the doors and handles and get top reviews(looking at their site that is).
So is that the total depth?
B&Q have what must be the worst site ever for trying to get around, but theirs are 290mm presumably with no doors, hinges, handles etc and far dearer.
Reason I need to know is I "recycled" an old(new) one to cover our consumer unit/meter etc which was kindly left all visible on a 600mm sq x 20mm thick board on the wall and has been an eyesore for too long.
I had to cut 20mm x 600mm from the back on two sides(it's 800w x 727 h) for it to sit flush with the wall, remove the back panel and shelf. It's a carcass with doors but looks good- problem is I don't know it's origins and it's 297mm carcass alone and 315mm deep inc door. So if a 307mm unit is to be used I'll probably get away with packing behind with some 6mm ply or something?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back