Deranged tory politician dreams of Empire

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
"UK 'could build new military bases around world after Brexit'
'This is our moment to be that true global player once more,'

"The UK could become a “true global player” after Brexit by opening new military bases in the Caribbean and Far East, the defence secretary has claimed.

Gavin Williamson said he was looking into new opportunities for the armed forces as he described leaving the EU as ”our biggest moment as a nation since the end of the Second World War”.

He did not identify any locations but a Sunday Telegraph report suggested the possibilities included
Singapore or Brunei in the South China Sea and Montserrat or Guyana in the Caribbean."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...uSuYBdWdjENjJx0tRCCPgroFcrnzxS9Fj7iAK4JbKlcjY

"Mr Williamson said that Brexit would allow the UK to change the 1960s policy of withdrawal from regions “east of Suez”. "

"Mr Williamson also predicted Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Caribbean states and nations across Africa would look to the UK for “the moral leadership, the military leadership and the global leadership”."

As yet, governments of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Caribbean states and nations across Africa have not agreed with him.

Sponsored Links
Best described as a trifle

cheat-summer-trifle-24970.jpg

Sponsored Links
I see Airmiles Andy popped over for a trip.

I wonder if it was all-expenses paid.

No I don't.

I see Airmiles Andy popped over for a trip.

I wonder if it was all-expenses paid.

No I don't.

He attended as Rear Admiral, I'm sure he was offered a travel warrant as do all service personnel travelling on duty. (y)

Someone ought to remind this buffoon that we ain't got enough ships to go around as it is, and more will soon be needed for our border patrols...

This is just about as sensible as having aircraft carriers with no aircraft...

There does seem to be a concerted effort to further the UK's reputation as a worldwide laughing stock!

wonder if it was all-expenses paid

Dont Labour MPs get their travel expenses paid?

Oh wait a minute, this one stayed in a 5 star hotel, all expenees paid:

Questions over Jeremy Corbyn’s wreath-laying trip to Tunisia intensified today after he admitted staying at a five-star hotel.

The Labour leader checked into Le Palace for two days while he attended a conference on the political situation in Palestine

Dont Labour MPs get their travel expenses paid?
Oh wait a minute, this one stayed in a 5 star hotel, all expenees paid:
Questions over Jeremy Corbyn’s wreath-laying trip to Tunisia intensified today after he admitted staying at a five-star hotel.
The Labour leader checked into Le Palace for two days while he attended a conference on the political situation in Palestine
Oh Dear! Notch has resorted to making some wild claim about JC, and provided some phantom link as supporting evidence.
His supposed supporting evidence has a page title of Evening Standard, but the URL has only a 'standard' in its title. It appears to be a one page list of anti-Corbyn articles, none of which, I can see, without trawling through a whole load of anti-Corbyn articles, support Notch's claim.
In fact the URL is https://www.standard.co.uk/topic/jeremy-corbyn-2 which demonstrates the emphasis on Jeremy Corbyn, which Notch chose to disguise with his re-wording of his link.
What is more, is that there is no reason whatsoever for Notch not to provide the link to the specific page that he thinks supports his claim, because any one of the links produces its own specific link, like so:
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/pol...ven-if-labour-won-snap-election-a4024191.html

How stupid does Notch think we are, presenting phantom links as supporting evidence for his nonsense?

At least we now know where he is getting his anti-Corbyn information from.

Last edited:
Good for him and shame on you.

Talk our country up, not down please.
OK, Andy - please explain how it was our membership of the EU which forced us to "withdraw from regions east of Suez".

Feel free to stick to verifiable facts when doing so, unless you want the shame to be on you.

Sponsored Links
Back