Design of Timber Staircase - BS 585 Parts 1 and 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am really trying to get hold of copies of BS 585, both Part 1 and Part 2. Does anyone know where I can download these, or does anyone have a copy which they could email me?

Want to use it to specify items for a new staircase in a house.....

JP1960

Sponsored Links
Why do you need the BS's to specify a staircase? BS's are like gold dust on acount of they're crazy cost although you can access them for free at a library (or could).

I am really trying to get hold of copies of BS 585, both Part 1 and Part 2

Can you put your email address in your profile? Those are quite old, are you sure there isn't something a bit more up to date?

Sponsored Links
The house is being designed under the SER Certification scheme. They recently published "SER TECHNICAL BULLETIN NUMBER 5" which covered Certifying The Structural Design of Protective Barriers.

This makes reference to BS 585, which is why I am keen to get a copy of this document. It is expensive to buy, and I know it is rather outdated, which is why I didn't really want to go out and buy it. I really just wanted to see what was in the standard.

I will add my email address to my profile, if anyone could help that would be great.

JP1960

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back