desktop background

• Thread starter confidentincompetent
  • Start date
C

confidentincompetent

Hi. I got windows xp home sp2.
I am looking to find a way to stop any pictures that I load onto my p/c from also going into display properties for desktop (wallpaper ?)
When I open up DISPLAY and click on desktop I find loads of pictures in the list and it takes ages to delete. (through browse) but prob is some wont delete as error; cannot delete, source file not found.
One major prob is one is of old g/f :oops:
Thanks
john .

Sponsored Links
When you click Browse, what folder is being displayed. Which files can't be deleted? Have a look in C:\windows\web\Wallpaper for default backgrounds

Thanks Igorian.
I managed to delete that old g/f one :LOL: after searching hidden files web wallpaper. Strange but I did same search in support centre = no results. but in Background/net window it founf it . ah well I found something else out.

Though I cant find out how to stop any pictures I load going into the background list in first place (even hidden ones).
I'll have a trawl around windows knowledge base.

many thanks.
john

Just don't save the files in the Folder "My Pictures". Even putting them in a subfolder of "My Pictures" prevents it.

Merv

Sponsored Links
Allenm said:
Just don't save the files in the Folder "My Pictures". Even putting them in a subfolder of "My Pictures" prevents it.

Merv

Ahhh many thanks I'll try that tonight.
cheeers
john .

Back