Desperate times

Sponsored Links
I read this earlier, it's quite sad really that a functioning economy can't provide adequate living for the elderly but can for prisoners. Surely the government should offer these pensioners the monthly money it would cost to "keep them" in prison.

Thats really quite sad and ironiv given that some of the oldest people in the world are Japanese.

Social care for the elderly is becoming a real problem for first world countries

Britain is also becoming an aging population, which largely relies on young foreign people coming here to look after them.

Ironically, the people most in need of this help tend to be the ones most determined to prevent it.

Sponsored Links
Britain is also becoming an aging population, which largely relies on young foreign people coming here to look after them.

Ironically, the people most in need of this help tend to be the ones most determined to prevent it.

I'm going to presume you're saying because "the majority" of pro brexit voters were older, this has a knock on effect against caretakers in the social care industry despite there being absolutely no reason to suggest post brexit the UK wouldn't allow inward migration as it needs to fill these positions.

If that is your argument it also ignores the fact that migrant workers within social care are by majority from outside of the EU.

If that is your argument it also ignores the fact that migrant workers within social care are by majority from outside of the EU.
You of course can provide us with proof of that claim?

I'm going to presume you're saying because "the majority" of pro brexit voters were older, this has a knock on effect against caretakers in the social care industry despite there being absolutely no reason to suggest post brexit the UK wouldn't allow inward migration as it needs to fill these positions.

there being absolutely no reason to suggest post brexit the UK wouldn't allow inward migration as it needs to fill these positions.
How many care workers do you know who earn £30k p.a. ?

Because that is the proposed minimum wage required for an immigrant to enter the UK.

And another part of the proposal is that migrants can earn less, but only be in the UK for alternate years - work year then a cooling off year, and so on.
How many do you think will take up that 'offer'?

You seem to think proposed means guaranteed. It doesn't.

So could you provide anything that says there's no possibility of offering a visa to people applying to fill positions where there is a skill or labour void regardless of 'proposed' starting salary?

You of course can provide us with proof of that claim?

• 7% (104,000 jobs) had an EU nationality and 10% (129,000 jobs) had a non-EU nationality.

https://www.skillsforcare.org.uk/NM...ublications/Topics/Workforce-nationality.aspx

...absolutely no reason to suggest post brexit the UK wouldn't allow inward migration as it needs to fill these positions...

And what do you think the Brextremists thought they were voting for?

You mean like "£350 million a week for the NHS" doesn''t mean "£350 million a week for the NHS"

No, we all recognise that Leaver propaganda was a pack of lies invented to harvest votes from the credulous.

Please show me where I said 'guaranteed'.
(I didn't post it on the side of a bus or anything like that)

As for your figures, they don't take into account non-EU resident status as opposed to non-EU immigrant status...

For example, were my partner in the relevant sector she would be classed as non-EU because she arrived before her country entered the EEA.
And indeed there is no mention of whether EEA citizens are actually listed as non-EU or not.

And I wonder how many of the non-EU people working in the care sector should actually be classed as British but are not?
The Windrush scandal is but the tip of the Iceberg!

So could you provide anything that says there's no possibility of offering a visa to people applying to fill positions where there is a skill or labour void regardless of 'proposed' starting salary?
Absolutely not...

But in that case we'll simply be replacing EU migrants with non-EU migrants...

Can't see how that will appeal to those who approved of certain posters during the referendum campaign though ;)

Last edited:
..despite there being absolutely no reason to suggest post brexit the UK wouldn't allow inward migration as it needs to fill these positions.
Other than the reason that that is what the quitlings voted for.

Leave voters word cloud:

upload_2019-2-4_11-53-24.png

upload_2019-2-4_11-59-28.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-4_11-54-9.png
    upload_2019-2-4_11-54-9.png
    168.1 KB · Views: 72
  • upload_2019-2-4_11-58-17.jpeg
    upload_2019-2-4_11-58-17.jpeg
    66.1 KB · Views: 67
And what do you think the Brextremists thought they were voting for?

No idea, you'll have to ask them. I'm not a mind reader.

Please show me where I said 'guaranteed'.

You implied it.

Because that is the proposed minimum wage required for an immigrant to enter the UK.

If that wasn't what you were implying then your point is moot as per my suggestion here:

As for your figures, they don't take into account non-EU resident status as opposed to non-EU immigrant status...

They're not my figures.

Sponsored Links
Back