Desperate times

Are you implying that leaving the EU will cause immigration to drop?

That was one of the lies spread by the anti-EU campaigners prior to the referendum (but disowned the day after).

Sponsored Links
the ability to control it.

As you know, the two countries providing the greatest number of immigrants to the UK are India and China.

Please explain why you think that resigning from the EU will affect UK's ability to control it.

Sponsored Links
Please explain why you think that resigning from the EU will affect UK's ability to control it.

Because we can't while we're in it.

How many times do I have to repeat myself before you get it?

Poor Sammy.

Examine the word "why" in my request.

get someone to tell you what it means.

Then see if you can compose a reply to answer it.

Poor Sammy.

Examine the word "why" in my request.

get someone to tell you what it means.

Then see if you can compose a reply to answer it.

Not 'why' I think it, it's a fact. While we're an EU member we cannot control inward migration from the EU.

Now to your point about Indians and Chinese immigrants, I suppose it's just a coincidence that Indians make up the highest percentage of workers in professional and managerial occupations at 43% compared to 31% being White British.

Chinese in the UK are also included in some of the top rated earners. "British Chinese men earn the highest median wage for any ethnic group with £12.70 earned per hour, followed by the medians for White British men at £11.40"

Somehow it strikes me the highest number of migrants being from China and India is no coincidence; yet you're conflating top earners with the lowest earners from the EU who compete in the same low earning job markets in the UK as the same problem.

The fact is we can turn down people from outside of the EU who have little or no skills especially those we don't need and we can't turn anyone down at all from the EU.

OK, sammy, I understand now. You aren't able to explain why you think that resigning from the EU will affect our ability to control immigration.

Argument lost - right there.

What argument? I'm waiting for JD to argue with anything I've said. All he's said so far is something that insinuates or implies something else.

Please explain
Examine the word
Poor Sammy
Compose a reply
But Daniel Hannan said

Yeah, blinding argument. (y)

That's one way to side step the argument; doesn't alter the fact by increasing the population from over seas you're increasing the burden on the healthcare system only to be later propped up by more foreign workers.

Sidestep? So people who become naturalised citizens and their children will always be considered foreign in your eyes? What a weird notion. So we need more ethnic homogeneity?

Can you say with full confidence that non of your ancestors came from abroad ?

So now the go to argument is "increase the burden on the healthcare" when its older people who use the NHS services more. Also if people are working and contributing in tax and the economy is growing then the Government should be increasing spending. So your argument holds little value.

So why is it that the NHS then requires more foreign workers? When the Government cuts bursaries and makes becoming a nurse more arduous then it becomes cheaper to employ people from abroad - yet you blame the working migrants and not the Government.

So now the go to argument is "increase the burden on the healthcare" when its older people who use the NHS services more. Also if people are working and contributing in tax and the economy is growing then the Government should be increasing spending. So your argument holds little value.

So why is it that the NHS then requires more foreign workers? When the Government cuts bursaries and makes becoming a nurse more arduous then it becomes cheaper to employ people from abroad

So which is it? Are they spending or not?

81% of nurses in the UK in 2018 were from the UK and not abroad. So it can't be that much cheaper otherwise UK nurses would be the minority.

yet you blame the working migrants and not the Government.

Unsure what you mean by blame exactly. You said it yourself, if foreign care workers are naturalised they become part of the problem, not the solution.

Sponsored Links
Back