Desperately need advice

Hi guys
Builder came out, thinks the roof isn't the problem. He'd checked with suppliers re the weight and the pantiles are slightly lighter. The timbers were strong and he could see no issues there at all.
A lot of the cracks are in line with the new fascias and soffits so he thought it could be the wrong fittings, maybe too big causing internal cracks?
The other possiblity is the single level rear extension which was put on 2 yrs ago before we bought. If the wrong RSJ was used could this cause internal cracks?
I would've thought there would be cracks from the ground level up not high wall to ceiling cracks but then, as you've seen, I have no idea!
One of the cracks was looked at by a Structural Eng when we bought, he said it was plaster shrinkage a year ago but as it's got worse and there's additional cracking I'm hoping he'll come and see what's going on for free..... waiting for his call now.
that's the update.

Then Noseall's post 4 up from mine could be right then :)

Sponsored Links
If that's all it is I'm throwing a party.
Is that a reasonable explanation? I wish I understood it all more.
Will have to get expert opinion for peace of mind i guess.

As its lighter and not under compression. The cracks look thermal ones.
The wall has got less resistance. I think it should settle after a while.
Memor

Sponsored Links
thanks memor maplin, i'm needing positivity right now! got the surveyor in the morning and feeling anxious about it . thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back