Detached garage roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks, new to the forum so hello!

We are selling our property and have run in to a but of an issue, we have a single garage and a section of the flat roof has actually rotten away and I can now see daylight through it, it's made up of timber slats with bitumen felt on top, my plan was to cut back the rotten wood and replace, patch in another piece of felt and overlap, then cover the full roof with black jack weather sealant and felt the full roof on top with adhesive. As we are selling the flat I don't want to part with much cash but also want it to be a sound repair, any advice? Will adhesive take to the weather sealant?

Scott

Sponsored Links
Scott Hi and welcome to the Forum

Any chance of some digital images?? From below and if possible above as well??

Ken

Hi Ken, sorry but by the time I get home from work its too dark to climb up on the roof I've decided I'm going to put on two layers of top sheet felt on top of existing felt, going to use adhesive on both layers just so there's no punctures!

Sponsored Links
Brush some sealant on the top, and then either leave the timber or cover it with a board.

It will be obvious that the roof is at end of life, so whether you spend money patching it or not wont make a difference. Expect a reduction in the price for a new roof.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back