DeWalt Detail Sander - sandpaper not sticking (1)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I've changed the rubber plate for a genuine new one but they're still just flying off. Should there be another layer between the rubber plate and the sanding discs?

Looked all over online but can't find anything...

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Are the pads held in place by a hook & loop system? If so, you need the base plate to have the opposing style finish to the pads.

Assuming it is velcro.

Different hook and loop systems and to protect the hooks buy a pad saver.
Bit of a pain if you don't know this. Also try and get a pad saver that matches the sanding paper discs or mesh.

Mirka make pad savers and discs and mech as example

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The velcro is probably effed, often the result of too much pressure being applied when sanding. The heat transference through the paper damages velcro on the base. A replacement pad is about £17.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/671564847

As Wayners said, a pad saver may have extended the life of the pad. Part of the problem with most of the delta sanders is that the base is so rigid that users invariably find it difficult to apply the pressure evenly. My Festool delta sander pads are two part. The part the paper sticks to is made of a flexible foam type substance. It is more forgiving if I am sanding at a slightly jaunty angle.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back