Sand paper for new B&D sander

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I'm new to this forum - just started DIYing and I've got a question.
I've just bought a Black & Decker 240W Compact 1/3 Sheet Sander Ka320Eka which came with 5 sheets of sand paper which stuck to the velcrow on the back.
Now we've used them all, we're not sure where we can get any new paper that will stick - we only managed to find ones that wrapped round the ends (and they kept snapping)
Please can you advise.

Sponsored Links
You need to buy abrasive sheets that actually have the velcro already attached - no other kinds will work. The papers you refer to are simply clamped to the sole plate of the sander - not applicable in your case!
The easiest bet is a B&D outlet, but Wickes do a range of velcro abrasives that will do. They may need cutting to size but I'm sure the staff will advise you.
John :)

it has clamps as well burnerman :)

buy a roll off "quality" sandpaper for about £15 for 25m and get around 60 sheets from it

Sponsored Links
The velcro type on sander wears very quickly, so you either need to replace base pad or have alternative fixing method. My makita needs new pad £45!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back