Dewalt DW 742 & DW 743 flip table saws

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I have just purchased a job lot of DW 742 flip saws. The saws that I have bought do not have a trigger style switch on the saw when it is in chop/mitre saw mode.

I also have a DW 743, that I have had for a while, this does have a trigger switch for chop sawing as well as the green/red switches for rip saw mode.

Is the lack of a trigger switch common on all DW742's or have mine been interfered with?

Cheers,
Dan

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much for that response.

so when you use it in chop saw mode you have to start and stop the motor with the green/red buttons.....I can see that the addition of a trigger button was a good idea!

yes i considerd buying the relivent spares and rewiring via the handle but wasnt worth the extra cost or hastle as it spends 90% of the time in table mode;)

Sponsored Links
the 742 was an attemp to take cost out of the 743. appart from the trigger it also has a slightly thinner table & sides, and has a plastic motor cover instead of cast. it ended up retailing for about 100 quid cheaper.

And not a lot of people know that!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back