DEWALT fault - question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone,

I have a DEWALT Flip Saw D27105. It has had an intermittent fault where it sometimes does not start when the "on" button (for the table saw) is pressed or the trigger for the chop saw is pulled. It has gradually got worse and now it does not start at all.

I have checked connections and the fuse, there are no brushes on the motor so I am stuck with a non-working saw. I was thinking it may be the capacitor in the button switch casing or the two capacitors alongside the motor (Inside the casing). Has anyone else had this problem?

Sponsored Links
The capacitors in these are generally there to prevent TV interference, and can be removed....the drill will still function.
With the start button held 'on', waggle the mains lead going into the machine.....quite often the copper conductors shear inside the insulation.
If no joy, check the wires for continuity anyway.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back