DeWalt vs. Bosch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Advice please.

Which would you have as a multitool?

DeWalt DWE315B or Bosch GOP250CE

I am a big fan of both makes. Is the DeWalt worth the extra 30 squids?

Sponsored Links
Personally I'd recommend the Fein! But then I'm biased ;) The Bosch will take 3rd party blades. Not sure if the DW wil - and blade availability/cost is the biggest issue with this type of saw, believe me

I had totally forgotten the Fein!!

The problem is they are generally a whole layer of cash more expensive!?!

Does the entry level kit - Fein FMT 250 - equate in any way to the Bosch or the DeW? Or do you have to spend the extra hundred or so for an equivalent?

I am not earning a living at this, just a keen hobbyist/DIYer so the tool doesn't have to stand up to a site environment.

The DeW comes with a universal adapter BTW.

When I bought my last Fein (the FMM250Q) the only other game in town was the Bosch, which was new and relatively unknown with few blades available. That made the choice simple. I somehow doubt there's much in it between any of the "heavy-duty" brands these days and it all comes down to colour, price and feel. I'm not a fan of DW, other than their mitre saws and cordless pinners, so my own bias would be towards the Bosch. I have used a colleague's Makita 18 volt cordless at work which was a nice tool and is very similar to their corded model. The only downside to that tool was that it didn't have a quick-change blade holder, although Makita are reputedly due to release one in the near future

Sponsored Links
So, far from making my decision easier, you are making it even more difficult!!

Grrrrrr....

I guess you pays your money, you takes your chance!

Thanks for the input J&K. :)

Ahhhh - That is a very good point BA!

I presume that Scewf*x will honour the guarantee??

Thanks Rog.

I think I will probs go with the DeWalt, I do like their kit (not to say that I don't like Bosch).

Difficult one, both bosch (blue) and dewalt make decent kit, I have stuff from both manufacturers (plus makita) no one manufacturer make the best of everything so it sometimes comes down to personal preference.

De Walt
and it comes with an adapter to use any other make
I would have to say that the adaptor isn't much cop.

I've been using saxon blades after recommendations here, and they have said that they have heard many times that it doesn't hold other makes of blades tight enough which is my experience.

Having said that I've found the Dewalt a nice machine to use.

Or you could go for Black & Decker premium range....... oh no hang on, that's Dewalt. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back