Dexion Tips

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Does anyone have any tips for working with Dexion? I've never used it before and need to create some L-shaped benches at a particular height. It's 40mm stuff (so only has one set of holes).

In construction and planning...
- Do I really have to cut to the diamond shaped holes? (ie everything be at 3" intervals)?
- How many bracing plates should I use (must they be on each joint)?
- Space is limited, and I was thinking of doing the left and right ends and then adding the cross pieces in situ. Is there an accepted way of working?

In terms of coverings...
- I was planning to use B&Q worktops for the top surface, but need something less substantial and expensive for other layers: any suggestions?

Any other pointers (like any tips for getting all those bolts done?) appreciated.

Regards

Ben

Sponsored Links
Dexion make lots of different products, which one in particular are you on about?

I've used the speedframe stuff in school..

depending on the use, that's probably best for benches..

alternatively, try Ikea, they have metal work benches in the freestanding kitchen section that would probably do you in some configuration.. steel worktops too..

oh well then it's just cut and screw..
I would put the horizontals over the uprights though at the top so you're not relying on just the bolts to take the weight of whatever you have on the benchtop..

Sponsored Links
If you have square nut for the bolts then a piece of 15mm copper squeezed to a square will hold the nuts while you spin in the bolts with a cordless drill, saves a lot of time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back