DHW too hot in new shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.
Had a new shower fitted and the valve is a Bristan Cobalt Recessed Thermostatic Dual Control Shower Valve but the water is too hot even on the lowest setting. Is the valve faulty as I can't see how it would be turned down as its behind tiles now. So I tried to turn down the DHW on the boiler ( which has been rewired and new Honeywell motorised valves but when I go to the boiler to turn the DHW down I do not have a tap symbol to press to turn the water down only a radiator valve.
I would appreciate suggestions please

Sponsored Links
Is only the shower affected? The boiler won’t control the hot water temperature, this is done by your cylinder thermostat - what’s this set to? Has the immersion been left on?

Sorry, I have a tank which the boiler heats, no thermostat on the cylinder. According to the manual there should be a tap sign on the lcd but only have rad sign

Sponsored Links
Are you sure the tap sign is relevant? Some instructions on that range cover similar, eg the Ecotec pro have the same instruction manual as some plus models. No thermostat on the cylinder is probably why you’re getting really hot water, as there’s nothing to control the heat, you need a cylinder thermostat ASAP before you scald yourself.

sorry I have just checked and there is a thermostat on the cylinder its set to 60 degrees ( never realised it was there ) is that too hot

Contact the installer as it's recently installed. A thermostatic valve should regulate the temperature ,and yours doesn't.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Is there anything they can do without wrecking the tiling , tanking etc plus I purchased the Bristan Cobalt Recessed Thermostatic Dual Control Shower Valve so I presume its all my cost :cry:

Chances are the hot and cold to the shower are the wrong way round.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
The shower dial has been mounted in the wrong position. Normally a shower cartridge will have 3 rotations left to right. But the dial will only swing 3/4 of a turn. So it's imperitive you have cold and hot withing the swing. Too far one way and you get very hot and hot.

So the plumber came round and adjusted the temp in the shower valve ( took handle off and turned spindle ) so its great now.
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back