Dialling pulses heard on receiving calls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Cigaset C620 base with answer phone and 2 additional handsets.
Also 2 old "wired" phones in a bedroom and garage. The line is supplied by Virgin cable.The original "overhead" BT cable appears to have been cut where it enters a box in an upstairs room.
When picking up an incoming call, (only on the old phones) I can hear pulse/tones like someone trying to dial,rather like an old shared/party line. Only on the "wired" 2 phones, only on incoming calls and on every incoming call.
Anyone suggest a fix, also is it possible to register 2 additional Gigaset handsets,making 4 plus base?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The reason I asked is because we had three lines at one point. Two were (and indeed still are) run round the house in one cable (three conductors for each line).

We used to get cross talk - you could hear faint talking and noises from one line transferred to the other.

Google is a wonderful service, I'm amazed how many don't use it

Guess what you get if you type GIGASET

Google is a wonderful service, I'm amazed how many don't use it

Guess what you get if you type GIGASET
Yes,thanks done that but my query was regarding the pulse tones I hear when picking up on the fixed phones.Please read the original post.

I can hear pulse/tones like someone trying to dial,

How long, how many digits ? If you have fibre to the house then this could be the C620 communicating ( handshaking ) with the cable to POTS interface about the state of the call.

POTS = Plain Old Telephone Service which is what a pair of wires from the telephone exchange provides )

How long, how many digits ? If you have fibre to the house then this could be the C620 communicating ( handshaking ) with the cable to POTS interface about the state of the call.

POTS = Plain O
Thanks Bernard,
10 or 11 digits,exactly like we used to get in a previous house with a shared "party " line.
I have Virgin TV, broadband and phone.The BT line seems to have been cut where it enters the old junction box in an upstairs room.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back