Dick's tip of the day.

• Thread starter RichieHoneybucket
  • Start date
R

RichieHoneybucket

Here's another good one;

Have you got a cistern lid that rocks on the cistern like a newlywed's caravan??

Well here's what you do with that poorly fitting lid;
Remove the lid, put a bead of silicone around the top edge, let it dry for at least 24 hours, then pop your lid back on...............Job done!!!

Keep your eyes open for more wee gems coming soon.

Sponsored Links
Heres another one!!! When you 1st fix for shower mixer @152mm centres solder 2 end feed elbows onto tails with a bridge piece to stop tails being moved from 152mm.

That's another good one mate, thanks for that. You must be talking about Mira showers or Bar mixers without a bracket.

Sponsored Links
Where's TomPlum when you need him?, thing is Dick, DIY'ers will use a whole cartridge of sillycone to stick the blessed thing down when all it need is 4 'fingernail' dabs at the corners.... In a years time when the cheapo flushing valve washer lets go, it a case of "missus, can I borrow your breadknife" to release the lid. Ah well, thats another hour extra spent on the case.;)

As to shower valve pipe spacing, although a tad pricey, the aqualisa bracket is easy to use, and being plastic, the threaded tails can be easily cut back to length required. Just my take.

And, finally. DH's tip for today and forever. Get a proper (thats a CIPHE registered one BTW...) plumber in each and every time. (I got called twice to the same house last week, punter could not do a compression joint to save his life, water through ceiling, 4 days later nail thro' a 1" heating pipe - TDC - on a saturday tea-time. His missus was able to laugh, eventually)

DH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back