Texecom Elite 24 - Bellbox Issue and Teething Problems

if you are using the keypad the testcall, engineers code, 7 yes, 1 yes, 0

I believe the mater user can do a test call but as an engineer I rarely operate from the user menu oter than demonstrate the panel working
Ah sorry I was looking for it in Wintex - Ill do a test call from the panel and let you know.
I know the panels maybe set to SCB as default, but in case i may have changed a setting on the panel with regard to SCB / SAB I just wanted to check - but didnt know where to find it. Or are you saying that from the diag screenshot ive posted, its all set OK?

Thanks
Craig

Sponsored Links
Something must have happened to the bell if the leds are no longer functioning and power is getting to the bell.

you can sit the bell on the bench put 12V to it, close the tamper and watch the leds change, on a wall in day light the ody 5 compact isn't a great one to see the LED's at the best of times.

they are set to SAB, as that's what the bells come supplied as form Texecom usually.

Something must have happened to the bell if the leds are no longer functioning and power is getting to the bell.

you can sit the bell on the bench put 12V to it, close the tamper and watch the leds change, on a wall in day light the ody 5 compact isn't a great one to see the LED's at the best of times.
The left LED is still working, but right one is not. The speed of the flashing changes (as it should) when the tamper is down compared to when the tamper is up, but no matter what I do, the right LED wont flash - only the left one works. The bellbox seems to work fine apart from that.

I'm up the ladder and right in front of it, its definitely not lighting up.

Sponsored Links
has to be a fault with the bell box, if everything is correct and the leds aren't working, you can fire the bell with a bell test and recheck your leds.

The fact that both LED's were illuminating and one now isn't and your convinced everything is correctly wired correctly would suggest theres a fault with the bell box, just not convinced, cant remember ever having an LED on a Texecom bell not working other than not setup right.

has to be a fault with the bell box, if everything is correct and the leds aren't working, you can fire the bell with a bell test and recheck your leds.

The fact that both LED's were illuminating and one now isn't and your convinced everything is correctly wired correctly would suggest theres a fault with the bell box, just not convinced, cant remember ever having an LED on a Texecom bell not working other than not setup right.
Yes I know what you mean - i find it strange too.

I cant think of anything else i can check - voltage is fine 13.60v, jumper is set to SAB, Low current mode disabled, and makes no difference whether battery jumper is set to on or off. bell test at keypad works fine, strobe test at keypad works fine, bell goes off if alarm is triggered. Surely to me it has to be set up right?

Is there anything else I can check?

As metioned by secureiam, take off wall & bench test with just a 12v batt and see how it reacts. Sounds like you've tryed everything. Another unit will prove it once & for all. Odd how it worked at first.

Hi all

Just an update - received a replacement backplate from the supplier on friday, fitted the new one and it works a treat - LEDs now flahsing slowly alternate to indicate normal operation.

Ive also got the SMS text thing working, however it seems to send 2 SMS every time there is an alarm...

1st one says: SALON Area A Reception Zone002 Alarm
2nd one says: SALON Area A Confirmed Alarm.

Not sure if this is down to a setting I have ticked, but if I could get it down to the one SMS it would be better but not the end of the world.

Thanks all for your help.
Craig

every event will send a message 10 zones go into alarm you would get at least 11 messages, 1 for each zone in alarm and 1 for confirmed.

Why are you using telephone cable, hard drawn, instead of alarm cable, stranded?

Why are you using telephone cable, hard drawn, instead of alarm cable, stranded?
Hi

Its all that I had at the time - I'm presuming it shouldn't make any difference or have a detrimental affect on the system?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back