Premier elite 24 Day 1 problems!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, looking for some advice / help... have finally finished installing a Premier Elite 24 (poly) with texecom keypad, odyssey x-be bell box and just 4 zones (2 mag & 2 pir).

powered it all up today and keypad and bell box all initially did as I was expecting but I can’t seem to get into programming mode as it’s telling me I have system alerts that I can’t clear?

When I type in default engineer code it just cycles through:
Box lid tamper
Aux tamper
Panel lid tamper
Zone 1,3, 5,6,7, 8 tamper
Alarm from zone: 1,3,5,6,7,8

I can’t clear them or get to any programming options.

I hadn’t closed off the unused 5-8 zones initially, which I’ve since done. I’ve also relooped the aux tamper and the bell box tamper (0v to tamp) just in case any problems elsewhere. But still just permanently stays System Alerts!
And when in engineer mode pressing reset doesn’t do anything other than come out of the mode.

Any ideas?? Am I doing something / missed something really obvious??

many thanks
david

Sponsored Links
Enter master code , then engineer code ....it may then ask to authorise eng access , press yes then enter eng code ...

Wow thanks for quick response. That has got me into programming mode. Will set all the zones up and see how it looks once I’ve done all that. Thanks so much, really appreciate it.

program zones that arent used as not used
program correct wiring types for the zones being used.

guessing zones 1 and 3 are thee door contacts and that these devices don't have resistors and should be normally closed and 2 and 4 are the pirs with the resistors selected?

Guessing mind.
Lid off panel = lid tamper
aux tamper not wired in, or incorrectly wired, or devices not seated properly or lids off devices.

Sponsored Links
I think they were all just messages from original set up. Once I got into zone setup and correctly marked every thing as EOL or normally closed or not used, and pit all the lids back on etc, it now seems to function properly.

Just need to take the tamper bypasses back out and make sure all ok there but otherwise seems fine. Thanks again for responses, really appreciate it.

Ok I thought was fine!! After letting it sit for the week, came back to finish final bits and do some testing. triggered the alarm by taking the control panel cover off, that was fine although I still can’t clear the tamper message very easily afterwards - just won’t go away whether I put user code or engineer code. Keep pressing reset?.

But then triggered it by arming and walking through a zone. All good except when disarmed, the external bell kept going!? Everything said it was disarmed and reset, in fact it let me rearm it and disarm it again all whilst the bell box going off! Had to just sit it out and wait for it to time out eventually.

Any suggestions for either problem - mainly the second one!!

You need to use master code to clear alert and as for bell is it wired correctly

Thanks. Lots of questions so really appreciate any support.

Think got alert thing sorted, was using master code but looks like have to let it twice, with reset in between? That seemed to do it, although still seems inconsistent!

bell wiring - starting to wonder that!! All visually looks fine, LEDs alternating. But tried both bell test and strobe test off the user menu and nothing from either (never tried before).

I thought it had sounded when triggering control panel tamper but don’t think it does unless fully armed? Realised I’m just hearing the internal sounder.

that means only time it’s ever actually gone off was earlier when I couldn’t stop it, and am even questioning if that wasn’t just the internal - I didn’t actually go out.

I guess need to do another alarm trigger test, but need to borrow the ladders again first in case it does go off and doesn’t stop!!

Unrelated question, but with comm module and phone app, should I get alerts to my phone on tamper / alarm triggers? It tells me when armed / disarmed but doesn’t tell me when activate the tamper or when I triggered an armed zone. Should it?

many thanks.

To reset after a fault you must be in the menus.

First code entry will start to scroll through the alerts second usually gets you into the menu structure.

Some faults at default are engineer reset able and would need to change to make user reset able.

Unarmed tamper notifications depends on programming as for alarm activations would have to check panel programming and event log to see the sequence of events

As for the bell wiring what bell do you have?

Bell box is odyssey x-be. So was fairly straight forward 5 connections matching like for like labels. I think there is definitely something at the bell box to check, as I’ve still got a tamper loop on the control panel between Tamp and 0v that i put back in on day 1 when i wasnt sure what was going on with all the alerts.

took that back out today and i can’t get rid of box tamper message until I put it back in.

might just be the tamper switch not in proper contact with the wall or a more general issue? It’s blowing a gale here today so am confined to ground level work only!

taking that Link out (but leaving wires in place) triggered a further internal alarm, but nothing outside (sound or strobe) and no alert on the app.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back