Texecom Prem Elite 24, 1st boot problems (now fixed)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can not find a place to say hello before posting so please excuse me while I jump straight in.

I am used to mainly ADE optima panels and I am retro fitting one we fitted for a customer some years ago.

Never installed a texecom before but heard good things, however I seem to have made mistakes but unsure where as on powering up I am getting all sorts of errors.

Appreciate if anyone can point out the issues please.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Premier Elite 24 with a 8xp-w ricochet expander with two dbc-0001 keypads
Keypads & expander are set on 1, 2 & 3 dip switches

On powering up & setting factory settings I type 1234 and get this with the service led flashing throughout the following messages

Box Lid Tamper, Panel Lid Tamper, Confirm Devices, Battery Fault, Charger Fault
Zone 001 Tamper etc etc to Zone 008 Tamper

Alarm from Zone
Zone 001 Active etc etc to Zone 008 Active

Call alarm Co for service

Charger Fault, System Alerts, Box Lid Tamper, Panel Lid Tamper, Confirm Devices
Battery Fault, Charger Fault, System Alerts.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zone 1-4 are existing door switches with Yellow and Blue set as tamper
Zone 5-7 are existing Pir
Zone 8 is linked out.
PIR are wired - Yellow Blue (tamper) - Black Red - Green & White (alarm)

Then I wired the box as follows:
Zone 1 wire. Blue & Yellow to Aux/Fault (11) Red, Black to Z1 (White & Green Unused)
Zones 2-4 Red & Black (White & Green Unused)
Zones 5-7 White & Green Red & Black to Aux + - (10)

Zones 1-7 Blue wires to connector block - then to Aux (11)
Zones 1-7 Yellow wires to connector block - then to Fault (11)

Is it possible I have wired it wrong, getting old now and forgetful so won't be surprised.
Thanks for reading.

Sponsored Links
You have to set each zone to normally closed if you are using that configuration of wiring ....

Sponsored Links
Now resolved ---- hopefully Mod's can amend header title to say so as I am unable edit that title part.

As previously mentioned I typed 1234 and got a load of errors listed above so could go no further, HOWEVER

I had after all wired it correctly but nowhere online or in the manual was the following advice.

What I needed to do was type 1234 TWICE not once, Set to English, Set the zoned closed, etc etc

Hope it helps someone else

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back