Texecom prem 24 elite - stuck at programming, ominous feel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have posted earlier on the hardware side and think that all that is sorted (maybe not). Just to set the scene, 5 six wire PIRs, one magnetic sensor for garage and a smoke alarm. Keypad, four wires straight into the terminals on the board, external sounder 5 wires straight into the terminals on the board. PIRs and smoke alarm, two wires for power into the aux 12v, two alarm wires from each into respective zones 1-6 and the tamper wires, in series between the PIRs and the mag sensor forming a loop from and to the aux/fault terminals. I have set the battery charge jumpers to 300mv position as recommended for 7Ah battery. All bought as a package.
Now the problems! Loaded factory defaults whilst depressing battery kick start, seemed to load, alarm went off, silenced with 1234 engineer code. But keypad is just stuck with 'system alerts'. I can't get it to do anything. I am sure some of the list of errors can be lost if I can just set up the zones but for the life of me I can't get to the menus! Sound so easy engineer code and press yes! Sorry, starting to rant. Here are some of the error messages: panel lid tamper (so the lid is off, this will go when it is closed); confirm devices (I wish I could but can't get to the menu); battery fault (can't see why, all wires are fine); PS failure (power supply? - well the transformer is warm so power from mains is getting through!); AreaA needs reset - probably! ; zone 1-8 tamper (I think this is because I am using normally closed six wire and need to set up the zones to lose the error); alarm zones 1-8 active (I think this is true when family walks in front if the PIRs as the errors are not always for all PIRs); finally, occasionally this appears - power o/p fault 12v. One last thing, the network LEDs red solid on, green flashing.
I am losing the will to live and have no hair left! I can't see why the wiring is wrong and can't get into the system to set it up. I have read some excellent stuff on the forum, I hope someone can point out where I am going wrong!![/b]

Sponsored Links
Just had a go. Removed all power, then booted up again on battery only. Seems like an identical set of error messages. So no luck there, thanks for the idea.

what software version is your 24 elite ? if its 1 take it back as there are software issues if its 2 it should be ok.

Sponsored Links
How can I find that info? Is it written on the circuit board or do I have to access it through the keypad? If the keypad, I am stuffed.

When you re-booted did you load defaults again? If not try that.

You have version 2.02 which is the latest version.

Does the reset key on the keypad do anything?

Sometimes you need to repeat entering the engineer code and pressing reset a few times to get these panels to start.

Thanks for keeping me going! I have done as suggested and it has started to operate! Maybe it needed to get over its birth! I have confirmed the bits and had a stab at setting up the zones. I had trouble naming them as the keypad kept coming up with words I did not want - it proved impossible to write bedroom or living room! Maybe that bit will heal overnight! I am stopping now cos it has got dark and I don't want to upset the neighbours. I am sure I will need more thoughts later so for now thanks again for all the suggestions but please keep an eye on this thread!

thats why i allways use wintex and pc comm for programming the panel ....much better...

no you need to buy one, either a pc comm or a usb comm depending on computer makes life much easier.

Agree with SparkyMarka, using Wintex with a PC-Com or USB-Com cable is much easier.

If you switch off Predictive Text (Global Options > System Config. > 20 - Predictive Text) you will be able to enter "Bedroom" and "Living room" by pressing each letter key multiple times.

You can also disable the external sounder (Area Programming > Area Options >10 - Bell & Strobe op [remove all areas]) to avoid upsetting the neighbours whilst you are setting it up and testing it.

Brilliant, switched off predictive text. Things looking better all walk tests were fine. I have ordered a USB com cable after finding it hard to programme users. The flow diagram didn't flow my way when I tried it. Entering new 001 master user pin, selecting 'yes' after takes me to user 002 without letting me work through all the associated parameters. I think I will wait for the cable. I assume that it is good procedure to change the engineer pin too, keeping the new one safe. Again, with the keypad input I do not feel like risking it yet though.

Got my usb-com cable and am setting things up, slowly. I am setting up users using wintex. Being a pessimist, I have decided to upload (eventually) the user parameters setting myself up as a second engineer. I am assuming that when I change the pin for the undeletable engineer, should something go wrong, I will still have full access! My question is: can I assume the default parameters for engineer 00 in wintex are all those that should be loaded. Second question is: am I right in thinking that if I check the CST o/p 2 a-tag and o/p 2 b-code boxes means that both Prox tags or pin code can be used to gain access to the system? I am unsure cos the default engineer settings has neither selected. I will get there in the end with the generous help of this forum! Thanks for incoming info.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back