Texecom prem 24 elite - stuck at programming, ominous feel

Sponsored Links
Many thanks, so they should be unchecked for any user wanting to access the rkp via tag or pin. How come I can't find this stuff in the manual!

Help needed yet again! Spent the week making sure that I had programmed wintex as best as I can. Sunday here so time to upload. Connected usb com to com2 on the board. Connected to my laptop (where wintex is), laptop is using com3 so I have setup pc-com as com 3 in the drop down menu. Connected, seemed to work. Then went to communications send programming data to panel, it came up with windows firewall, I allowed the access, then it started to upload the data, got about 75% along the bar and then said it had lost connection with the control panel. Now when I try to connect again it says 'connection with the control panel could not be established, check settings'. I can see nothing wrong, I have restarted wintex, unplugged the usb-com from the laptop and the board etc and I still can get no connection, any ideas please? Firewall says allow wintex to upload and download still:?:

Sponsored Links
is com 2 programmed as not used on panel and in the wintex config you started to upload ? go into comms , go to com port select com 2 press reset on keypad this should reset com port on panel then try again. or try usb on comm 1.

You were correct, the keypad had the ports set differently. I assumed that when I uploaded from wintex , the software would override anything already on the keypad. I know better now! Once again, thanks very much. I really appreciate how quickly you come back. I will now try adding the tags.

Problems still. The upload seems to have been successful. They keypad is responding to the codes I am entering for users by sounding a tone, then scrolling through the errors: ATS path fault, panel tamper and com1 fault. ATS is the com2400 which won't connect (BT line prob so forget this for now). I have closed the panel lid so why this fault and no idea why com 1 fault has appeared. But the most annoying thing now is that I can't get the keypad to give me a programming menu. It just scrolls through the errors. So i cant assign tags. Again, your thoughts would be welcome.

put in engineer code and press reset see if that clears it . you could email me a copy of your config and i will have a look at it. did you disable 34/37/53 in config options ?

To email you a copy I assume that it is backup account data? You have lost me on the config option numbers, what do the numbers refer to. Probably best if I try that first.

OK all those were checked. I have cleared the boxes and will now update the control panel and try again. I have copied the backup, in case, can't see an email on your profile. I'll have a go at this first.

Wow, all error messages gone and I can now get into the programming menu. Thanks!!! Can you programme tags from wintex? I could not see a menu and was going to go through the keypad.

yes and no ..... go to keypad enter code press menu -user menu set up users, it will go to user 2 press yes- yes yes and so on until it says add tag. it will be 1 for new tag put tag to keypad it will bleep and carry on with next user and so on. NOW connect wintex and receive all you now have tags in user list untick o/p b on list for all users and tick auto yes if you want to be able to set without pressing YES if not dont tick box ok. now you have codes for tags you can add to others systems by typing in the 6 digit tag code. ok

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back