Texecom prem 24 elite - stuck at programming, ominous feel

Getting too late now! All went exactly as you said until I tried to add a prox tag to my own user. I had taken over the user 01 master, it seems that 01 won't accept a prox tag, I returned that to master and set myself up as 06, but when I tried to set up the tag, the smoke alarm went off!! Something must not be set up correctly, hence stopping fiddling now due to neighbours! The zone for smoke alarm (fire) should be set to normally open shouldn't it? Anyway, so close now, just one tag and the smoke alarm and the system will be functional. Thanks for all the help today hopefully finish tomorrow evening.

Sponsored Links
I think I am almost there. Smoke alarm was set as closed, but somehow some parameters reset to options I had not put in. Three users went from standard or master to custom. Anyway sorted. Arming and disarming by tag, all walk tests are fine. Only niggle is that the exit and entry time is about 10-15 seconds rather than the 30 seconds I thought I had set. The com2400 module says ATS fault I think that is because I have had to put it into the master socket via a BT plug rather than straight into the 2 and 5 connectors behind the cover. Trouble is, as soon as anything goes in those we lose internet access! Any reason for the short exit/entry delay you can think of?

you WILL need a broadband filter on alarm and is the setting in AREA set to entry exit ? it needs to be timed.

Sponsored Links
The phone line does go into a filter but I think it might need a dedicated alarm line from BT. We lose internet even if a single phone goes into the socket, broadband is rubbish here. I am not sure what else to try with that.

In Area Timers and Options, entry/exit set to exit delay 30 secs/entry 1 delay 30 secs. Then in Options tab-nothing selected. Area arm suites, Timed exit, Area A. Does this seem correct?

Alarm has (apart from the SMS messaging!), been working fine all week. I think, for now, that I will stop fiddling with it. So, to end this thread I would like to offer my heartfelt thanks to Sparkymarka, you really helped and I am very grateful. I definitely owe you a pint!

greenhout,
your thanks to sparky are a pleasure to see, so many don't bother. Thanks again from the 'rest of us'

you will need a filter on the alarm for the sms texting to work , have a look at this type of hard wired filter on ebay 321094089688.

My wife set the alarm off by entering the garage before disarming, to visit the freezer. I cannot seem to reset it, it just says system alerts. I have entered my user code as master then pressed reset when asked if I want to arm with faults and done the same with engineer code. Both to no avail. The alarm will not arm and I cannot find anything asking whether I want to reset. Suggestions gratefully received.

Hello again, I have tried exactly what you have suggested. Enter engineer code, press reset, says 'do you want to log off', so I say 'yes'. Keypad still shows 'system alerts', and when I try to arm, it comes up with 'do I want to arm with faults', I say 'yes' but then it does not arm. I can't see what I am doing wrong.
I have never managed to get the com2400 to work despite the suggested filter, but the system has been working fine apart from this.

Check alarm log or download it with wintex. Sounds like it may be a comms fault you could try ... Enter engineer code press 7 yes go to comm port press reset then come back out.

Brilliant, that did it. The system will arm and disarm now, just coming up with ATS failure. That will have to stay until I can sort the BT master socket. It seems I can either have broadband internet or a working com2400! Thanks very much once again for your help. I really appreciate it. :D

Have you got a broadband filter somewhere between the phone line and the alarm panel?

You can disable ATS monitoring if the fault alert gets too annoying.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back