texecom premier 48

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning, Im Just after abit of help / guidence on the wiring of the above panel. ive ran 1 cable per a p.i.r / contact e.t.c. im just struggling with the double pole or EOL side of things. I no on the EOL you have to use resistors at the p.i.r end, but as ive got 1 cable per a zone can i not just wire for example, blue yellow to A on zone 1 and green white to T on zone 1 then at the pir end, blue yellow to alarm and green white to tamper and of course red black to 12v 0v.

Sponsored Links
yes use a pair for alarm A and a pair for tamper T and power red + 12 and black 0v

Thanks For That, Im Assuming its the same for a G2 panic button and G2 roller shutter contact ? 1 pair for alarm and 1 pair for tamper, obviously these dont require 0v or 12v ? Regards

Yes but watch where you connect the roller shutter wires. One set with a nick in them is the alarm pair. The solid the tamper.
Although this information would not assist an intruder it will stop your alarm giving false readings.

Is this a DiY job or a professional install?

Sponsored Links
Thanks For That, Yes Im aware of the roller shutter contacts, ive got some grade 2 junction boxes with tamper. which have been used to connect the cable.

I wouldnt say DIY job as i have done a few alarms before just not to this standard. useual deal with texecom excell or veritas or prem 24.. its the first prem 48 ive done.

Use to dealing with cctv but got asked to take on the job as a favour for my mates new business.

Quick update on this, ive just done the first power up of the system, thought id get some programming out of the way as im just waiting on a couple more P.I.R's ive ordered. Obvioulsly i get tamper faults on the 2 zones that i havent got the P.I.R's for yet, everthing is just about programed apart from i cant seem to change or set up any user codes ? :confused: i firstly wanted to change the engineers but when asked to type in the code i just got an error sound, same goes for setting up user codes, it wont let me key any in... any ideas anyone on this ?

at standard its set to grade 3 requirements, try and change it to a 5 or 6 digit code, or turn off the grade 3 requirements, cant rember what setting its under, but thats the reason you cant change the code to another 4 digit, until you change some settings.

and you can disable the 2 zones for now until you get the pirs in.

Try system configuration option 10.

All in the book.

System config option 10 is just Mentioning that sometimes a user code maybe needed first before an engineer can gain access, I've already gained access so this doesn't apply, il try changing it to a 6 digit code in the morning, to see if this works.

Its not sometimes and your question wasnt very clear.
Try a reboot on the codes and go back to defaults, you have probably used a low level code in error.

Yeh sorry about that, it was ment to say something along the lines of, I'm in the engineer menu under engineer utilities , trying to change the standard engineer code to my own 4 digit code, but doesn't accept the code I want. The same also goes for user set up menu, when inputting the new code for master user, (also a 4 digit code) this does exactly the same.

he has been trying to change the default codes, to i guess another 4 digit code, which the system will not allow until he turns off the relevant setting, or uses a 5 or 6 digit code, i have just tried my tex 48, it wont allow me to change to another 4 digit code but will allow a change to a 6 digit code, or i can change to another 4 digit code if one of the settings is changed.

Well what is the setting then?
Yours is up and running now isn't it?

mine is still on the bench, ive only just laid the alarm cable to the downstairs these past few days, got sheds and bell box cable still to do.

im not sure wot setting (name) allows the use and change of 4 digit codes as i aint at that stage yet, but i do no its there, as i had the same bother as him i could not change the 4 digit code to another or add any users, after reading the manual and a little research i found out the reasons why a 4 digit code code not be used or changed, until a certain setting was changed.

ps dont forget the new 6 digit code lol, and remember if you lock down the nvm.........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back