Texecom premier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, as per previous posts I am replacing my scantronic alarm with a Texecom premier.

Am just about to change the panel over but a little confused with the bell box wiring from the panel.

In the old panel I have the following:

C2 - green cable

Nc2 yellow

tr - White

0v - blue

12v red

In the new panel I have the following:

Strb

0v

Tamp

Bell

+ 12v

Can anyone shed a light on which colours go where?

Cheers in advance

Sponsored Links
It's ok bud I got it going. I used my common sense and figured it out.

I've got one small issue.

The back bell box only goes for about 30 seconds and stops, it was even doing this when I was changing out the panel the front one kept going off until I followed (I think it was you) a tip and put the battery on the bell cable to stop it sounding. Even in full alarm condition this is only going for that amount of time.

This May of been the case for some time and I've just not noticed it. Would you recomend replacing this one or have I done something stupid?

Sponsored Links
Sparkymarka top marks the back bell still had the test timer link on it. Rookie mistake. Now resolved. Cheers

Hi Guys, I'm new to the site so please go easy if I'm not logging my cry for help correctly.

I have recently installed a Texecom Premier Elite 48 with 32 zone Ricochet. All was going well on my test bed and then I moved to fitting it in the house.

I now have a message "Radio not ready wait B/F arming" on the RKP and nothing I can do will shift it.

To confirm:
I have latest V3 firmware on a new panel
Was all working before I powered the system down to move it in place
If I go into confirm device I see : Networking 1, RKP 1,2 and Exp 1,2
I only have 1 32 zone Expander so should this not show the other 16 zones in the line above?
In Ricochet monitor it shows all is fine with 16 used zones and 16 not yet programmes and no errors but the panel will not learn any new zones > 25 (i.e. fixed wiring is 8 plus 16 working wireless is 24)
Even tried deleting a known working QDW from zone 23 and re learning it to zone 25 no joy but instantly learns back to any zone < 24

Spoken to Tex tec and they have suggested I do a walk test around all the wireless devices and see if any are not polling, delete them and re learn etc., will try tonight.

Any ideas would be really appreciated.

In laymans terms , when you set your alarm it gives a shout out to all the detectors to see if they are all ready .... They in turn report back to the panel ...one or more are not talking back to the panel ... What devices do you have and what mode are they in ...eg allways awake , hybrid and so on ?

Thanks for the reply.

I've got a variety of devices mainly DTW and QDW plus 2 door contacts an internal sounder plus external sounder. All the ones that are registered showing green in Ricochet and reporting no issues in diags at the panel. As for modes I've not touched these leaving them as assigned by the panel at setup. I know the door contacts are always on , the rest are hybrid and the sounders get assigned as custom I think ?

I'm going to connect up to the expander tonight directly with comip and in commissioning mode so the walk test. If any do come back not contacted this would explain as you say so if I delete and re learn may fix it.

That said I don't get why the panel doesn't recognise the expander as having 32 zones only showing 16 in ricochet diags whereas the ricochet software connected via wintex can see all 32 zones and reports all happy in normal run mode.

Sorry for the waffle and thanks for your help.

M

commission mode require the wireless expander to be in tamper, or in the case of the built in wireless panels the jumper set to commissioning mode. connecting via wintex on verson 2 panels with version 2 expanders, means you don't have to connect directly to the wireless expander to see what s going on. Once the commissioning has been completed 100% you can see the progress in ricochet monitor if you watch. After its completed then do your walk test, note it is recommended that your wireless devices are left in the mode assigned to them when they are learned on.

As for expanders 24 could only have 2 and 48 4 and so on, so do you have a 24? Menu 4 on your keypad wil tell you what you have firmware wise in the panel.

is it me or should this be a separate thread as question asked by someone else regarding a separate issue?

Guys, a bit of feedback on the posts suggesting the request for help should be on a separate thread, I agree. I explained I was a new user and when I looked at the options you can only start a new thread if you know the names of people to invite to the thread, as a new user you don't know anyone or who could help with Texecom, hence I chose to beg forgiveness and join an existing thread related to Texecom. Sorry if I caused any offence and maybe its me but is there a way of just starting a new thread so that anyone with relevant experience to the subject would be aware of it if you don't know their user names?

BTW thanks very much to Sparkymarka, I did manage to make a lot of progress last night and the issue looks to be on the panel which thought it had 2 expanders fitted as I noted in my first post. The only fix to this was to delete all wireless devices and as soon as the last one was deleted the panel instantly then only saw the one expander I have connected. My suspicion is that because the panel thought it had 2 expanders fitted it would only allow the real expander to programme 16 zones expecting that another 16 could be programmed to the ghost expander.. so a glitch in the panel programming no doubt caused by the power down during the move.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back