Did Any of You Ever Install One of These?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully none of you are old enough :LOL:

Stripping out an old (I'm estimating 50 odd years ) bathroom suite today and found these artefacts still working as well as the day they were installed.

Trying to convince the householder to reuse the old shanks sink and cast bath (both immaculate after a good clean) once the rest of the room has been revamped but they are adamant they have to go in favour of a £200 suite from B and Q
:mad:

Sponsored Links
Very similar to the plumbing in this cottage when I bought it three years ago. Sadly the cast iron bath had to go due to joists weakened by leakage from the modern shower cubical. The steel waste pipe was resting on the main beam and supporting the floor boards of the landing and separate toilet room.

I kept the wash basin as it was in very good condition and fits with the over all design.

The plinth under the pedestal raised it to bring the back of the sink level with the window ledge.

Trying to convince the householder to reuse the old shanks sink and cast bath (both immaculate after a good clean) once the rest of the room has been revamped but they are adamant they have to go in favour of a £200 suite from B and Q

You'll be able to sell them on ebay then :D

Sponsored Links
Ebaying a customer :mrgreen:

I've enquired to a few salvage/restoration places to see if they have any interest. Free to uplift. Saves me trying to get rid of the bath! What a weight! Unbelievable to consider the weight of the bath when full, with a person inside, and the size of the notch the old plumber took out of the joist to accommodate the trap. The notch is about 6" deep by 6" wide (out of a 11 x 2.5" joist)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back