Did some plumbing now tundish is running

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Previously posted this https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/need-to-tee-off-this.480621

So..we turned off the cold main, open up the cold tap, waited for it to stop running, did the plumbing. Turned the main back on, checked for water tightness, all good. Teeing off is achieved. Outside tap will be fitted another day.

Just been told there is a sound of running water and this has been located to a tundish alongside the Megaflow (or similar).

Can we have upset it doing such a simple task ?

Way forward ?

Sponsored Links
Looks like the 6 Bar PRV / 3.5 Bar Limit on the mains inlet has gone faulty. Don't believe it has an air gap as it has an expansion vessel. EV is out of shot top right. This is my son's house. The are looking for a certificated person.

full

Sponsored Links
If the PRV has been operated, if debris has got into the seal, it can prevent it from closing again.

Then there is also the pressure reducing valve that could be letting more pressure in the system.

We did wonder about a bad seal and bounced it a few times to no avail.
Having said that it has now settled down and is not passing water.
Son is looking to getting it swapped next week.

so defo not a megaflow then,

The water passing through the tundish,is it cold or Hot ?

Instructions on santon site may help.

No not Megaflow. I posted that from home before I got there. It is (was) passing cold water.

Last edited:
That cold water combination valve is a serviceable item,diy is not recommended as the reason behind water passing through the tundish discharge needs to be found.

Not many people have these cylinders serviced,Not many people know they require periodic service/maintenance.

Good units thou.

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back