Did the earth move or is it just wind?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sat here browsing away & I swear the whole bungalow & ground shook, anybody else felt it?

Sponsored Links
LOL It was a quake Ian... man it makes you feel damn small. It was pretty strong too, I'm near leeds where are you? I wonder where the epicentre was. Like you I was sat here browsing and then the small vibrational waves started to come on, then bang the whole F+++in house started shaking!!!! I could feel the air in the room actually, waffting my face!!
I knew it was a quake as soon as I felt the first murmurs, So I shouted my missus who had just climbed into bed LOL it freaked her and me out. I remember that quake we had about 5 years ago, do you? It was exactly 1 o'clock in the morning last time, this one was out by 5 minutes! :)

last was 11 kms underneath dudly i think.

Just been to usgs realtime global data site but the 2 sensors in the uk haven't registered it seems..

Man, the power of nature!! that was a beauty... sweet dreams LOLOLOL ;)

It was quite strong too in Rotherham & just like you said it started with small vibrations & the walls & ceiling shook for a good ten seconds & the roof made the same kind of noise when you get a strong gust of wind!

And I thought it was that dodgy sarnie I had for me tea! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I felt it in Driffield, woke me up with a rumbling noise first then came the movement the bed started shaking then the rads started rattling, then it stopped so i turned over looked at the clock which said 12.58. And went back to sleep.

What i cant understand though is why do people phone the emergency services ?
Ok you may be scared but unless your life or property is in imminent danger keep the phone lines clear for genuine EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY anyone else agree with that ?

Epicentre Lincolnshire, largest onshore quake for quite some time I believe. I'd had a (free) skinful sadly, so didn't fell a thing until I regained conciousness around 5.00 this morning, fortunately in my own bed.

im happy to say i slept soundly through it, but the good lady and the little unwoke up wondering what the feck was happening!

:LOL:

I was away in the land of nod, having fell asleep in the chair again. :oops:
did'nt hear or feel a thing,
till....

the wife started screaming and came running up the stairs thinking I'd fallen down the stairs or out of my chair. :eek:

slept through an earthquake but not the wife :oops:

there must be a moral in that some where :rolleyes:

I have recently moved to this house and I was woken up with the bed shaking, I thought it was a poltergeist.
I don't normally believe in the paranormal but I never moved for about an hour.

The jokes are out already!

Grove Hill in Middlesbrough was worst hit by the 5.2 Richter scale earthquake . It caused £17m worth of improvements! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Pakistan have not yet started a relief fund for the UKs biggest earthquake in years. ........ Next time they have one they can eff off!

Sponsored Links
Back